The DWL-8710AP is an outdoor Dual-Band 802.11n/ac Wi-Fi Access Point designed specifically for deployment in business and campus environments. Highly manageable and capable of blazing speeds, the DWL-8710AP integrates seamlessly into existing network infrastructure and can be easily scaled to meet future demands. The DWL-8710AP is equipped with two radio transceivers. The first is a 2.4 GHz 2×2 IEEE 802.11n interface that supports up to 300 Mbps of network throughput while the second one is a 5 GHz 2×2 IEEE 802.11ac interface, capable of up to 867 Mbps of network throughput. The DWL-8710AP also features two Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces, designed to allow the administrator to easily bridge other networking devices into the network, such as a camera or another Wi-Fi access point.
Security and Unified Management
The DWL-8710AP supports all the latest in Wi-Fi security, including WPA, WPA2, and 802.1X. In addition, the DWL-8710AP supports up to 32 Virtual Access Points (VAP), which gives the administrator the flexibility to easily assign access privileges to different classes of users. When used together with D-Link’s line of Unified Wireless Switches, security can be taken to a new level. Rogue APs in the network may be easily detected, and the administrator will be immediately notified of any security threat. When deployed in conjunction with D-Link’s line of Unified Wireless Switches, up to 1024 DWL-8710APs may be centrally managed and provisioned, enabling the administrator to scale the Wi-Fi network to cover larger areas.
Automatic Radio Frequency (RF) Management
When a number of access points are deployed close to each other, interference may result if proper RF management is not implemented. When a DWL-8710AP senses a neighbor AP nearby, RF management will make it so that the DWL-8710AP will automatically select a non-interfering channel. This greatly reduces RF interference and makes it possible to deploy APs more densely. To further minimize interference, the DWL-8710AP will automatically lower its transmitting power when an adjacent AP is operating on the same channel2. If a nearby AP is no longer present, the DWL-8710AP will dynamically increase its transmitting power again to increase wireless coverage.
- Ideal for business and campus environments
- Blazing performance, reaching up to 1 Gbps of network throughput
- IP67-compliant housing, allowing it to withstand very harsh weather conditions
- Up to 32 virtual access points may be created using a single access point
- Automatic load-balancing between linked APs
- Flexible Wi-Fi QoS schemes, allowing for
- controlled and balanced access
- Combine with D-Link’s unified wireless switches to expand the network to support hundreds of APs
- Trusted security
- WPA/WPA2 personal
- WPA/WPA2 enterprise
- MAC address filtering
- Rogue AP detection
- RF Management
- Automatic channel selection
- Automatic power transmitting adjustment
- Convenient Installation
- Can be easily attached to a wall or pole using the provided mounting kits
- Supports 802.3at Power over Ethernet, allowing the unit to be installed in remote locations