LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 15, 2013 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced the PowerLite® 1222 and 1262W multimedia projectors, offering a wide range of features designed to provide small- to medium-sized businesses with high-brightness at an affordable price. Sold exclusively through distribution, value-added reseller and direct market reseller channels, the PowerLite 1222 and 1262W offer high brightness, wireless connectivity and innovative features that ensure flexible placement and quick setup in any room.
“Small to medium-sized businesses are looking for projection solutions that offer extremely high quality and a range of features, but that are also really intuitive and offer stress-free set up,” said Jason Meyer, product manager, Epson America. “The new PowerLite 1222 and 1262W are simple yet powerful, wielding easy set-up features and high brightness, making them appropriate for nearly any office environment.”
The PowerLite 1222 features XGA resolution, while the PowerLite 1262W offers widescreen HD performance with WXGA resolution. Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors with 3LCD, 3-chip technology2. Both the new PowerLite models deliver 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness3 for brilliant, true-to-life image quality. Additional features include:
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
- Advanced Connectivity: Both models deliver wireless connectivity and HDMI digital video and audio in one cable for easy setup
- Epson iProjection™: Leveraging the free Epson iProjection application, presenters can project to the PowerLite 1222 and 1262W from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, video and audio from a Windows® PC or Mac® computer via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the need for bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Easy Image Alignment: Keystone Correction squares the image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen – both models feature automatic vertical keystone correction and manual horizontal keystone correction provides easy and convenient operation in multiple settings
- Lens Control: Provides easy zoom and focus
- Positioning Flexibility: 1.2x digital zoom requires a shorter throw distance, allowing for the projection of large images in smaller rooms; a 60-inch image can be projected from a distance of approximately four feet away
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by theSociety of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room.