Bringing Magewell’s renowned media processing and IP workflow expertise into the audio domain, the flexible Pro Convert AES67 is a multi-format IP audio encoder, decoder, and capture device. Supporting standards and protocols including AES67, NDI®, and SRT, the device can flexibly convert between IP media technologies while also offering a seamless bridge between analog audio, software, and IP networks.
Pro Convert AES67 can send and receive multiple eight-channel unicast or multicast AES67 streams for seamless interoperability with third-party AES67-compatible audio solutions, including compatibility with the SMPTE 2110-30 specification. It can also transport uncompressed audio using the popular NDI® media-over-IP technology, or compressed AAC audio using the low-latency SRT protocol.
Pro Convert AES67 can convert IP-based audio between AES67, NDI®, and SRT, enabling mixed-technology local and remote production workflows that combine third-party products supporting different standards and formats. The device can also encode analog audio into AES67, NDI® or SRT streams as an ‘on-ramp’ to IP networks, as well as decoding IP audio streams for analog output. The compact hardware features balanced and unbalanced, stereo input and output connections.
Pro Convert AES67 can also serve as a plug-and-play analog audio capture device when connected via USB to a laptop or desktop computer. Standard UAC (USB Audio Class) compatibility enables driver-free setup while providing instant compatibility with popular video conferencing, streaming, and production software.
A flexible, virtual audio matrix is accessible through the device’s browser-based user interface and allows routing or mixing of any analog or IP-based input channel to any analog, IP or UAC output. Encoding and processing parameters are also configured through the web interface, with centralized configuration and control of multiple Pro Convert units available through the Magewell Cloud multi-device management software.
- Multi-format IP audio encoder, decoder, and capture device
- Supports standards and protocols including AES67 (including support for SMPTE 2110-30), NDI® (uncompressed audio), SRT (with AAC compression) and more
- Converts between multiple audio-over-IP technologies
- Captures or outputs analog audio
- Enables mixed-technology local and Pro AV installations and remote production workflows
- 3.5mm unbalanced analog input and output
- 4.4mm balanced analog input and output (XLR via included breakout cables)
- Standard UAC compatibility with popular video conferencing, streaming and production software
- AAC stream encoding and transmission plus AAC and MP3 stream receiving and decoding with Icecast support
- Flexible, virtual audio matrix allows routing or mixing of any analog or IP-based input channel to any output
- Power via PoE or USB power supply