Magewell’s Pro Convert Audio DX multi-format IP audio encoder, decoder and capture device is the company’s first solution with integrated support for Audinate’s Dante® audio networking. The exceptionally flexible hardware lets users easily convert audio between Dante, NDI®, and SRT transport technologies while also seamlessly bridging analog audio, software, and IP networks.
Pro Convert Audio DX can send and receive up to eight channels of audio in unicast or multicast Dante ‘flows’ (audio streams). In addition to Dante, the device also supports uncompressed audio using the popular NDI® media-over-IP technology, or compressed AAC audio using the low-latency SRT protocol.
By enabling conversion between Dante, NDI®, and SRT, Pro Convert Audio DX enables mixed-technology local and remote production workflows that combine best-of-breed products supporting different standards and formats. It can also encode analog audio into Dante, NDI® or SRT streams as an ‘on-ramp’ to IP networks, as well as decoding IP audio streams in any of these formats and protocols for analog output. The compact hardware features balanced and unbalanced, stereo input and output connections.
Offering the high reliability, low maintenance requirements, assured performance, and compact size of a dedicated hardware solution, Pro Convert Audio DX can also serve as an audio capture device when connected via USB to a laptop or desktop computer. UAC (USB Audio Class) compatibility provides plug-and-play ease of use and immediate compatibility with popular video conferencing, streaming, and production software.
The flexible virtual audio matrix in Pro Convert Audio DX’s browser-based interface allows users to route or mix any analog or IP-based input channel to any analog, IP, or UAC output. Encoding and processing parameters are also configured through the web interface, with centralized configuration and control of multiple Pro Convert units available through the Control Hub multi-device management software.
- Multi-format IP audio encoder, decoder, and capture device
- Supports standards and protocols including Dante, NDI® (uncompressed audio), SRT (with AAC compression) and more
- Converts between multiple audio-over-IP technologies
- Captures or outputs analog audio
- Enables mixed-technology local and Pro AV installations and remote production workflows
- 3.5mm unbalanced analog input and output
- 4.4mm balanced analog input and output (XLR via included breakout cables)
- Standard UAC compatibility with popular video conferencing, streaming and production software
- Flexible, virtual audio matrix allows routing or mixing of any analog or IP-based input channel to any output
- Power via PoE or USB power supply